Here’s a quick and easy craft scouts can make for their mom for Mother’s Day (or Valentine’s Day, or whenever). I found this in my February 2012 issue of Family Fun Magazine. It’s very simple and super cheap.
- 2 Pipe Cleaners of the same color
- 1 Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss
- Lay the pipe cleaners across each other in an ‘X’ pattern with the Hershey’s Kiss in the center
- Bend all 4 ends of the pipe cleaners up to the center together
- Grabbing all 4 ends of the pipe cleaners, twist them together 1 or 2 times. Be careful at this point not to handle the chocolate too much otherwise it might start to melt a bit.
- Make sure that the chocolate is centered among the pipe cleaners
- Separate the two ends of each pipe cleaner to either side of the chocolate and make a loop by bending one side up in the opposite direction.
- Bend the other two ends up in the same way
- Complete the loop by bending one side towards the chocolate and twist it around the center.
- Do the same with the other two ends to complete the ring.
- Tiger Elective #2
- Wolf Elective #9b