I stumbled across this craft the other day and thought it would be a fun and quick craft. I made one to try it out and as it turns out, it was such a hit my 3 oldest kids fought over it (how did I not see that coming). This is a great way to use up left-over balloons from a birthday party, blue-and-gold banquet, etc. Make a few of them and then use them for games or prizes.
- 10 Balloons
- 1/4 cup water
- Fill one balloon with 1/4 cup of water. For regular sized balloons, this will be about enough to fill up the balloon to the point where the water spouts out the top because the balloon is not expanding. This can be done easily by either holding the balloon under a faucet (don’t attach it to the faucet) or using a funnel.
- Tie a knot in the end of the balloon filled with water
- Cut the ends off the rest of the balloons near the base of the neck.
- Taking one balloon at a time, stretch them out over the balloon you filled with water. Be sure to alternate directions of where the neck is so your ball ends up round and not egg-shaped.
- The more balloons you layer over the first, the harder the ball will get and the higher it will bounce.
- Tiger Elective #3
- Wolf Elective #9b/c