Here is a fun game for scouts to play that is very simple to make. I found this on Pinterest via Jo at Smile Monsters. This will work as a great gathering activity or you could even turn it into a pack meeting activity if you made a few of them and had a competition. Have the boys make their own, and they can complete any of the achievements listed below.
- 1 egg carton (dozen count)
- 4 different colored sharpies or markers (including black)
- 1 piece of tag board, poster board, construction paper, etc (any color)
- 1 ping pong ball
- You can choose to remove the lid or not. The original design removed the lid. I chose to keep it on to make it easy to close and keep the ball inside. However, it may not lay completely flat.
- Decide on your colors for 1-point, 3-point, and 5-point. Color in 3 1-point slots, 2 3-point slots, and 1 5-point slot. These can be anywhere you’d like. You can fill in more slots if you’d like, this is the layout that I used:
- Cut out your tag board/paper to the shape of the top of the egg carton for the instructions.
- Come up with a clever name for your game (I was not original and just used Target Bounce) and write down the point values for each color you chose
- Designate a “Throwing Line” on the floor
- Place the egg carton at a specified distance away from the “Throwing Line”
- Decide on a set number of turns for each player. Most points after set number of turns wins
- One player at a time tosses the ball at the egg carton and score the appropriate number of points (0, 1, 3, 5)
- Tiger Elective #3
- Wolf #10b
- Wolf Elective #4a (substitute)
- Bear #10b
- Bear #15b (1/2)
- Bear #15c
- Webelos Craftsman #4 (1/4)
- Webelos Family Member #8
What variations did you come up with? How do you play this game? Please share with us in the comments below.