I got the idea for today’s craft from Shelley at Sew & Dipity. The craft is pretty simple but will prove itself extremely useful. I don’t know about you, but I can never find a pen or marker when I need one. I have a dry erase board for one of the vertical walls on my desk and this will work perfectly there.
You don’t even have to do it as fancy as Shelley or I did with the scrapbook paper, but if you have some lying around, it’s a great way to spice it up. Otherwise, you could find a design you like and just print it out on regular printer paper and use that, it really doesn’t matter. This was also my first Mod Podge project and I really liked it!
- Toilet Paper Tube
- Scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge
- Hot Glue
- Pinch the sides of the toilet paper tube together on one of the ends. This will create the concave shape in the finished project. If you’re using scrapbook paper (or some other cover) don’t worry if you don’t have all the excess toilet paper off the roll.
- Once it’s pinched, tape it down just to hold it in place.
- Cut your scrapbook (or other) paper to fit all the way around the roll.
- Liberally brush Mod Podge onto your toilet paper tube and wrap the paper around it. If you want, you can apply a second coat over the paper to seal it in and give it a nice sheen, but it’s not necessary (I didn’t)
- Once dry, apply your magnets to the back with the hold glue.
- Tiger Elective #2
- Wolf Elective #3a
- Bear Elective #9a
- Webelos Craftsman #4 (1/4)
- Webelos Artist #9